INTEGRAREA IDEII DE UNITATE ȘI IDENTITATE NAȚIONALĂ ÎN CADRUL DISCIPLINEI EDUCAȚIE CIVICĂ ÎN ÎNVĂȚĂMÂNTUL PRIMAR
The Integration of the Idea of National Unity and Identity within the Civic Education Discipline in Primary Education
The idea of national identity, the idea of unity and patriotism must always remain alive in the civic consciousness of Romanian pupils. Their attachment to the nation can be encouraged by a more intense concern for organizing meaningful learning experiences in this direction. The Civic Education discipline provides a good environment for the integration of these ideas. At the same time, however, an intelligent balance must be maintained between the formation of national identity and the formation of European identity. While the idea of national unity and identity is naturally integrated into the educational process, it is necessary to give the same amount of energy for the integration of cosmopolitan values such as: pluralism and cultural diversity, universal rights, democracy, globalism.
• Ministerul Educației Naționale, (2014). Programa școlară pentru disciplina Educație civică, clasele a III-a – A IV-a.
• Bromley, P. (2010). Multiculturalism, and human rights în civic educations: the case of British Columbia, Canada. Educational Research, 53(2), 151-164.
• Osler, A. (2011). Teacher interpretations of citizenship education: național identity, cosmopolitan ideals, and political realities. Journal of Curriculum studies, 43(1), 1-24.
• Fernekes, W. R. (2016). Global Citinzenship Education and Human Right Education: Are They Compatible with U.S. Civic Education? Journal of Intenrational Social Studies, 6(2), 34-57.
• Sanina, N. G. (2017). Patriotism and Patriotic Education în Contemporrary Russia. Sociological Research, 56(1), 38-52.