AFFLATUS: O PERSPECTIVĂ MAI LARGĂ ASUPRA EXPERIENȚEI ȘI LIBERTĂȚII RELIGIOASE
Afflatus: a Broader Perspective on Religious Experience and Freedom.
Afflatus/adflatus(s) is the Latin term that points to the divine inspiration or presence in humans, as the Romans and Greeks have perceived it before Christ. The topic of a divine spirit living in the human body is familiar to the ancient Hebrews as well. The lodging of God in the Tabernacle, or later, in the Temple built by Solomon, are types of the presence of God in the believer. In this article we will present both the Latin and Christian perspectives of this topic, emphasizing the fact that this lodging of the Divine Spirit in humans should become part of the taxonomy of the spiritual experiences. This could be counted as a continuous religious experience, highly beneficial to the human spirit.
• BIBLIA SAU SFANTA SCRIPTURA, trad. de Dumitru Cornilescu, Oradea, Editura Universității Emanuel, 2002.
• ABRAHAM, William J., The divine inspiration of Holy Scripture, Oxford New York Toronto, Oxford University Press, 1981.
• ABRAHAM, William J., “Religious Experience and Apologetics”, în Journal of the Irish Christian Study Centre, Vol. 1, 1983.
• ALLEN, R. E., Plato, Ion, Hippias Minor, Laches, Protagoras, New Haven and London, Yale University Press, 1996.
• BEALE, G. K., The Old Testament Background of Paul’s Reference to “the Fruit of the Spirit” in Galatians 5:22, Bulletin for Biblical Research 15, no. 1 (2005): 1-38. Accessed February 2, 2021.
• BERKOUWER, G.C., Holy Scripture. Studies in Dogmatics, Grand Rapids, Michigan, William B. EErdmans Publishing Company, 1982.
• BREMMER, Jan N., The Early Greek Concept of the Soul, Guildford, Surrey, Princeton University Press, 1983.
• DUNN, James D. G., Baptism in the Holy Spirit: A Re-Examination of the New Testament Teaching on the Gift of the Spirit in Relation to Pentecostalism Today, London, SCM Press, 1977.
• FROGET, Barthelemy, The Indwelling of the Holy Spirit in the Souls of the Just, Westminster, Maryland, The Newman Press, 1952.
• GARRIGOU-LAGRANGE, Reginald, Cele trei conversiuni și cele trei căi, Târgu-Lăpuș, Ed. Galaxia Gutenberg, 2006.
• GELPI, Donald L., God Breathes the Spirit in the World, Wilmington, Del, M. Glazier, 1988.
• GELPI, Donald L., The Turn To Experience in Contemporary Theology, New York, Paulist Press, 1994.
• HADOT, Pierre, and Michael Chase. Philosophy As a Way of Life: Ancients and Moderns : Essays in Honor of Pierre Hadot, 2013.
• LATOURELLE, Rene, Fisichella, Rino, Dictionary of Fundamental Theology, New York, Crossroad, 1994.
• KÄRKKÄINEN, Veli-Matti, Pneumatology: The Holy Spirit in Ecumenical, International, and Contextual Perspective, Grand Rapids, Michigan, Baker Academic, 2018.
• KEENER, Craig S., Spirit hermeneutics: reading scripture in light of Pentecost, Grand Rapids, Michigan, William B. Eerdmans Publishing Company, 2016.
• MOLTMANN, Jurgen, The Spirit of Life. A Universal Affirmation, Minneapolis, Fortress Press, 1993.
• SENECA, Scrisori către Luciliu, Traducere și note de Gheorghe Guțu, București, Humanitas, 2020.
• PLATON, Phaidros, Traducere, lămuriri preliminare și note de Gabriel Liiceanu, București, Humanitas, 2011.
• RANKIN, Marianne, An Introduction to Religious and Spiritual Experience, London, Continuum, 2009.
• ROTARU, Ioan-Gheorghe, Om-Demnitate-Libertate, Cluj-Napoca, Editura Risoprint, 2019.
• TAVES, Ann, Fits, Trances, & Visions: Experiencing Religion and Explaining Experience from Wesley to James, Princeton, NJ, Princeton University Press, 1999.
• ZAHL, Simeon, The Holy Spirit and Christian Experience, Oxford, Oxford University Press, 2020.
• YONG, Amos, Discerning the spirit(s), Sheffield, Sheffield Academic Press, 2000.