NATIONAL UNITY AND DEMOCRACY
National unity is very important for the Romanians. After so many years of struggles and turmoil, Romania has the chance to increase her unity pursuing true democracy by implementing and following democratic principles, and by accepting and living core values like integrity. In both areas the Romanians need to act and take ownership of their actions: implementation and application of democratic principles on a micro and macro dimensions and embracing integrity as one of the most important core values a nation has. And all these with God’s help and blessing. In this article, the author studies two important aspects of unity, social unity and moral unity. Social unity is given by implementing and following democratic principles, and moral unity is realized by accepting and living core values like integrity.
• Burleigh, Michael (2007). Sacred Causes: The Clash of Religion and Politics, from the Great War to the War on Terror. Harper Collins Publishers. New York, NY.
• Claud, Henry (2006). Integrity: The Courage to Meet the Demands of Reality. Harper Collins Publishers, New York, NY.
• Diamond, Larry (2008). The Spirit of Democracy: The Struggle to Build Free Societies Throughout the World. Times Books. New York, NY.
• Kemp, Peter (1999). Integrity in public accountability in Integrity: In the Public and private domains by Alan Montefiore and David Vines (eds.). Routledge, New York, NY.
• Killinger, Barbara (2007). Integrity: Doing the Right Things for the Right Reason. McGill-Queen’s University Press, Montreal, Canada.
• Kouzes, James M. & Posner, Barry Z. (1995). The Leadership Challenge: How to Keep Getting Extraordinary Things Done in Organizations. Jossey-Bass Publishers, San Francisco, CA.
• Mazower, Mark (1999). Dark Continent: Europe’s Twentieth Century. Alfred A. Knopf. New York, NY.
• Rice, Condoleezza (2017). Democracy: Stories from the Long Road to Freedom. Hachette Book Group, Inc. New York, NY.
• Rusu, Ieremia, (2014). „Identitatea creștinului – baza conduitei creștine”, Conferința științifică internațională: Puterea de a fi altfel, Timișoara, 30-31 octombrie 2014. Editura Didactică și Pedagogică. Bucharest, Romania.