THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN NATIONAL UNITY AND IMAGO DEI
This study places itself on the convergence coordinate of Sociology, Anthropology and Systematic Theology fields, as its aim is to establish whether there is any connection between national unity and the way in which man was created, in the image of God, known in theology under the Latin name imago Dei. The author will proceed to study what imago Dei actually means in the first part of his attempt. Afterwards, he will analyze the relationship between national unity as a form of social organization and the constitutive nature of man. The article will end with conclusions of the further study.
•• New American Standard Bible: 1995 update. (1995). La Habra, CA: The Lockman Foundation.
•• Copăcianu, Emanuel (1994). Fiul lui Dumnezeu. București: Editura All.
• Daughters, Kenneth. “The Trinity and the Christian”, in John H. Fish III (ed) (2006). Understanding the Trinity. Dubuque, IA: ECS Ministries.
• Enns, Paul P. (1989). The Moody handbook of theology. Chicago, IL: Moody Press.
• Erickson, Millard (2013). Christian Theology. (Third ed.) Grand Rapids, MI: Baker Publishing Group.
• Hamilton, V. P. (1999). 437 דָמּהָ . In R. L. Harris, G. L. Archer, Jr. & B. K. Waltke (Eds.), Theological Wordbook of the Old Testament. Chicago: Moody Press.
• Louw, Johannes P., & Nida, E. A. (1996). Greek-English lexicon of the New Testament: Based on semantic domains. New York: United Bible Societies.
• McFarland, Ian A. (2005). The Divine Image: Envisioning the Invisible God. Minneapolis, MN: Fortress Press.
• Middleton, Richard (2005). The Liberating Image: The Imago Dei in Genesis 1. Grand Rapids, MI: Brazos Press.
• Ryrie, Charles C. (1999). Basic Theology: A Popular Systematic Guide to Understanding Biblical Truth, Moody Chicago, IL: Press, Chicago.
• Rotaru, Ioan-Gheorghe (2018). “Editorial”, RAIS Journal of Social Sciences, vol. 2, no.1.
• Strong, James (2001). Enhanced Strong’s Lexicon. Bellingham, WA: Logos Bible Software.
• Swanson, James A. (1997). Dictionary of Biblical Languages with Semantic Domains: Greek (New Testament). Oak Harbor: Logos Research Systems, Inc.
• Warfield, Benjamin Breckinridge, “Trinity,” The International Standard Bible Encyclopedia. ed. James Orr (Grand Rapids: Eerdmans, 1930). Apud in: Ryrie, C. C. (1999). Basic Theology: A Popular Systematic Guide to Understanding Biblical Truth. Chicago, IL: Moody Press.