CERCUL „TABITA” – PRIMA ORGANIZAȚIE DE CARITATE A ADVENTIȘTILOR DE ZIUA A ȘAPTEA DIN ROMÂNIA
Tabita Circle - The First Charity Organization of Seventh-day Adventists in Romania.
Immediately after the establishment of the Romanian Union of the Adventist Church, it was decided to set up a charitable association at the level of each local community called the Tabitha Circle. It was composed exclusively of women and was also open to those who were not members of the Adventist Church. The association invited girls and women to get involved in making clothes or items which they then sold for charity or donated to the poor. The Tabitha Circle was not only a charitable association but also a place where women could socialise and where they felt encouraged and valued. Through their selfless acts of kindness, many prejudices that people had about the Adventist Church were removed.
• Adventist Yearbook of the Seventh-day Adventist Denomination – 1935, Review and Herald Publishing Asociation, Takoma Parc
• Curierul misionar, anii 1914 – 1942
• FITZAI Corneliu-Ghiocel, Mișcarea Adventistă de Ziua a Şaptea din România, Clever Books, 2009.
• NEAGU Daniel-Adrian, Istoria Bisericii Adventiste de Ziua a Șaptea din România și impactul ei asupra societății românești 1870 – 1932, teză de doctorat susținută în anul 2013 la Facultatea de Istorie a Universității din București, nepublicată.
• OLSEN M. Ellsworth, The History of Origin and Progress of Seventh-day Adventist, Review and Herald PA, Washington D. C., 1925.
• SCHWARZ R. W., Light Bearers to the Remnant, Pacific Press Publishing Association, Montain View, California, 1979.