PROBLEMA REZOLVĂRII DISPUTELOR DINTRE CREDINCIOȘI LA SCAUNUL DE JUDECATĂ CIVILĂ
The Problem of Resolving Disputes between Believers at the Seat of Civil Judgment.
In the present research we want to address one of the problems affecting the unity of the church in Corinth, namely the resolution of disputes between believers at the civil court. For this we will analyze the biblical passage from 1 Cor. 6:1-11, exegetically presenting the solutions proposed by the apostle Paul to restore harmony in the life of the Corinthian community. We believe that the solutions provided by Paul for the church at that time are relevant and welcome in the various conflictual situations the church faces today. For a better understanding of Paul’s position on the situation of the church in Corinth we will also analyze the context of the passage under consideration. In this way we will be able to clearly identify the authorial intention and to distinguish the central principles of the pericope from the potential misinterpretations that some scholars of 1 Corinthians have arrived at.
• ADAMS, Jay, I & II Corinthians (The Christian Counselor’s Commentary), Hackettstown, NJ, Timeless Texts, 1994.
• ARISTOTEL, Retorica, trad. Maria-Cristina Andrieș, București, Editura Iri, 2004.
• BARRETT, Charles Kingsley, The First Epistle to The Corinthians (Black’s New Testament Commentary), London, A&C Black, 1968.
• BETZ, Hans Dieter, MITCHELL, Margaret M., Corinthians, First Epistle to the, în Freedman, D.N, (ed.), The Anchor Yale Bible Dictionary (ABD), vol. 1, New York, Doubleday, 1996.
• COLLINS, Raymond F., First Corinthians (Sacra Pagina Series), Collegeville, MN, The Liturgical Press, 1999.
• DEMING, Will, „The Unity of 1 Corinthians 5-6”, în Journal of Biblical Literature, Vol. 110, Nr.2, 1996.
• DERRETT, J. Duncan M., „Judgement and 1 Corinthians 6” în New Testament Studies, vol. 37/ 1, Cambridge University Press, 1991.
• FEE, Gordon, The First Epistle to the Corinthians, NICNT, Grand Rapids, WBEPC, 1987.
• FITZMYER, Joseph A., First Corinthians- A New Translation with Introduction and Commentary (The Anchor Yale Bible), London, Yale University Press, 2008.
• HAYS, Richard B., First Corinthians, Interpretation, Louisville, John Knox Press, 1997.
• HORRELL, David G., The Social Ethos of the Corinthian Correspondence-Interests and Ideology from 1 Corinthians to 1 Clement, Edinburg, T&T Clark, 1996.
• KEENER, Craig S., 1-2 Corinthians (The New Cambridge Bible Commentary Series), New York, NY, Cambridge University Press, 2005.
• KISTEMAKER, Simon, 1 Corinthians, NTC, Grand Rapids, Baker Academic, 1993.
• MITCHELL, Alan C., „Rich and Poor in the Courts of Corinth: Litigiousness and Status in 1 Corinthians 6.1–11” în New Testament Studies, vol. 39/ 4, Cambridge University Press, 1993.
• MITCHELL, Margaret M., Paul and the Rhetoric of Reconciliation: an exegetical investigation of the Language and Composition of 1 Corinthians, Louisville, Westminster/John Knox Press, 1993.
• MOFFATT, James, The First Epistle of Paul to the Corinthians, New York, NY, Harper and Brothers Publishers, 1938.
• PRIOR, David, The Message of 1 Corinthians (The Bible Speaks Today), Downer Grove, IL, IVP, 1985.
• RICHARDSON, Peter, „Judgment in Sexual Matters in 1 Corinthians 6:1-11” în Novum Testamentum, Vol. 25, Fasc. 1, 1983.
• WATSON, Douglas L., Christian Lawsuits, or Christian Disputes? An Exegetical Study of 1 Corinthians 6:1-11, 2007.
• WINTER, Bruce W., „Civil Litigation in Secular Corinth and the Church” în New Testament Studies, vol. 37/ 4, Cambridge University Press, 1991.
• WITHERINGTON III, Ben, Conflict and Community in Corinth: a Socio-Rhetorical Commentary on 1 and 2 Corinthians, Grand Rapids, WBEPC, 1995.