DREPTURILE OMULUI ȘI NEASCULTAREA CIVILĂ DIN PERSPECTIVA ETICII CREȘTINE
Human rights and civil disobedience from the perspective of Christian ethics.
Some of the fundamental human rights have been limited on a global scale to solve the health crisis caused by the SARS-CoV-2 pandemic. In the context of affecting human rights, the issue of civil disobedience is much more acute, not only in the tyrannical, corrupt regimes, but even in the consolidated democracies of the world. What should be the atitude of Christians to the abuses of the governments? Three positions have been establish in Christian ethics: anarchism, radical patriotism, and biblical submissionism. In order to understand the biblical passages, the distinction between submission and obedience is very important. Submission is a heart attitude of recognizing that human authority is delegated by God, and obedience is action, to fulfil the requirements of the authority. In the last part of the study, the author proposes some practical solutions how a Christian can defend the human rights, remaining submissive to the authorities, even if sometimes he has to resort to civil disobedience.
• BIBLIA, traducerea Dumitru Cornilescu, ediția a III-a revizuită și adăugită, 1994.
• Constituția României, Monitorul Oficial Nr. 767 din 31 octombrie 2003.
• Augustine of Hippo, The City of God, Books I–VII. (H. Dressler, Ed., D. B. Zema & G. G. Walsh, Trans.), Washington, DC, The Catholic University of America Press, 1950.
• _____ The City of God, Books VIII–XVI. (H. Dressler, Ed., G. G. Walsh & G. Monahan, Trans.), Washington, DC, The Catholic University of America Press, 1952.
• _____ Expositions on the Book of Psalms, în P. Schaff (ed.), A. C. Coxe (Trans.), Saint Augustin: Expositions on the Book of Psalms, New York, Christian Literature Company, 1888.
• Atkinson, D. J., David F. Field, Arthur Holmes & Oliver O’Donovan (eds.), New Dictionary of Christian Ethics & Pastoral Theology, Downers Grove, IL, InterVarsity Press, 1995.
• Elwell, W. A. & B. J. Beitzel, în Baker Encyclopedia of the Bible, Grand Rapids, MI, Baker Book House, 1988.
• Geisler, N. L., Christians Ethics: Options and Issues, Grand Rapids, MI, Baker Book House, 1989.
• Gooding, David, & John Lennox, The Bible and Ethics, Colerain, GB, Myrtlefield House, 2015.
• Wayne, Grudem, Christian Ethics: An Introduction to Biblical moral Reasoning, Wheaton, IL, Crossway, 2018.
• Harrison, R. K., (ed.), Encyclopedia of Biblical & Christian Ethics, Nashville, TN, Thomas Nelson Publishers, 1992.
• Henry, C. F., Etica Creștină Personală, Oradea, Editura Cartea Creștină, 2004.
• Hollinger, Dennis P., Choosing the Good: Christian Ethics in a Complex World, Grand Rapids, MI, Baker Academic, 2002.
• Hastings, J. M., Christian rebellion theories as delivered by St. Paul from Mars Hill by Augustine, Calvin and Adams, Alberta, Canada, University of Lethbridge, 2003.
• Kaiser, W. C. Jr., Toward Old Testament Ethics, Grand Rapids, MI, Zondervan Publishing House, 1991.
• Kittel, G., G. Friedrich, & G. W. Bromiley, Theological Dictionary of the New Testament. Grand Rapids, MI, W.B. Eerdmans, 1985.
• Kupelian, D., The Marketing of Evil: How Radicals, Elitists, and Pseudo-Experts Sell Us Corruptions Disguised as Freedom, Nashville, TN, Cumberland House Publishing, 2005.
• McDowell, J., & Bob Hostler, Right from Wrong: What You Ned to Know to Help Youth Make Right Choices, Dallas, TX, World Publishing, 1994.
• Mounce, R. H., Romans, Nashville, TN, Broadman & Holman Publishers, 1995.
• Rutherford, S., Rex Lex: The Law and the Prince, Colorado Springs, CO, Protage Publications, 1644, 2009.
• Schaeffer, F. A., A Christian Manifesto, Westchester, IL, Crossway Book, 1982.
• Spicq, C., & J. D. Ernest, Theological lexicon of the New Testament, Peabody, MA, Hendrickson Publishers, 1994.
• Stassen Glen H., & David P. Gushee, Kingdom Ethics: Following Jesus in Contemporary Context, Downers Grove, IL, InterVarsity Press, 2003.
• Strong, J., Enhanced Strong’s Lexicon, Bellingham, WA, Logos Bible Software, 2001.
• _______ A Concise Dictionary of the Words in the Greek Testament and The Hebrew Bible, Bellingham, WA, Logos Bible Software, 2009.
• Vardanyan, Vladimir, „The impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on human rights and the rule of law”, Raport of Committee on Legal Affaires and Human Rights of Council of Europe, Strasbourg, France, 07/02/2020, p. 22. In http://www.assembly.coe.int/LifeRay/JUR/Pdf/TextesProvisoires/2020/20200702-CovidImpact-EN.pdf. Accesat 08.10.2021.
• http://legislatie.just.ro/Public/DetaliiDocumentAfis/227548. Accesat 11.10.2021.
• https://www.amnesty.org/en/documents/eur01/2511/2020/en/. Accesat 08.10.2021.
• https://www.amnesty.org/en/search/pandemic%20violation%20of%20the%20human%20rights%20canada/ . Accesat 08.10.2021.
• https://www.amnesty.org/en/documents/amr51/1407/2019/en/. Accesat 04.08.2021.